Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is here!

After enduring such a cold and snowy winter a warm spring day like today was more than welcome here in this part of Bulgaria. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get outdoors and take a long walk. I set my internal compass on a near by group of ponds that I have seen many times on the train coming and going from Parvomay but have never actually been to. It took about an hour to reach this place but the whole journey I was kept company by birds dancing overhead displaying their agility and a newly green landscape that was much more pleasant to look at then the bright white coating it displayed merely a month ago or the dull brown hew it was flaunting what seemed like only yesterday.  

Once I reached the bodies of water, I found a nice grassy spot near the water where I laid down and closed my eyes. I listened the birds sing their song to the frogs who responded with their own tune. Now, I don't really understand the language of birds nor frogs but I can safely say that they were both singing about the joys of the new season. During this delightful chorus I let the sun warm my skin while the wind danced through this whole scene, adding it's part to the song between animals in the form of moving leaves and taking turns with the sun cooling my skin where the bright rays had warmed it and would begin to warm again during a lull in it's cycle. 

I'm so happy Spring is finally here, thank you Bulgaria for helping me appreciate it

No comments:

Post a Comment